Creating content may seem simple. But there are some important considerations when creating content that adds value for your customers or readers. To develop content that entices readers to stay on your site longer and learn more about what you have to say, consider these strategies:
- Take a contrarian view. People who not only look at why something should be done a certain why, but why it shouldn’t be done that way, are most effective. Question points of view and provide information.
- Tell a story. Don’t just provide information but turn that information into a real story that adds value. Stories are a great way to demonstrate the value of a service or product.
- Quote the experts. Using quotes from experts or people in a particular industry can add credibility and interest to your content. People who have experience and insights add value.
- Read. It’s important to stay abreast of what others have to say and how they say it. Read online and offline material to stay informed and provide an even greater depth of knowledge for your audience.
- Focus. Customers are in a hurry so focus on what they want. Consider their needs and interests and get to the point.
- Use images. Content is easily reinforced and remembered when accompanied by appropriate images and photos. Embed ideas in the mind of your readers by using images to reinforce key messages.